London, UK, 24th February 2015.
The main goal of the workshop is to provide an opportunity to discuss possible partnership between EU and
Kazakhstan and launch EU-KZ joint call for technologies and innovations. The partnership will be based on
the EU’s Framework Programme Horizon 2020 and Kazakhstan’s Technology Targeted Programme.
Key issues that will be discussed during the workshop:
- Sustainable industrial-innovative development of Kazakhstan
- KZ-EU cooperation in the field of industry, research, new technologies and
innovation with a focus on key social and economic issues
- Joint participation in the Framework Programme "Horizon 2020"
- Interaction between the Kazakhstan's Targeted Technology Programmes within
the priorities set by "Horizon 2020"
- Cooperation between the EU and KZ enterprise networks
- EU-KZ pilot joint call in certain field between the EU and KZ.
The workshop will have limited presentations in the first half of day and round-table in the second half.
In addition to the workshop, the day before the event there will be a welcome dinner hosted by Mr. Asset
Issekeshev, Minister for the Investment and Development of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
Events, Date and Venue:
Welcome reception: Monday, 23rd February 2015, 18:30 pm – 20:00 pm
Workshop: Tuesday, 24th February 2015, 09:00 am – 15:00 pm
Venue: Norton Rose Fulbright LLP (3 More London Riverside, London SE1 2AQ, UK)
Contacts for Media:
The agenda is attached.
Background of the State Programme of the industrial innovation development:
In 2014 the Kazakh Government has accepted new stage of the State Programme of the industrial innovation development
of the country (SPIID), which is foreseen for the next five years ( 2015 – 2019). The main aim of the Programme is to develop
sustainable economic growth based on diversification and competitiveness. The new program has taken into account
the changed external conditions and new challenges that arise in front of Kazakhstan and the world economy, as well as
increased competition for investment and markets. The second five-year plan of industrialization will take place in
the framework of the new structural policy of the government; in particular, will develop four major sectors, which together
provide the basis for sustainable growth:
- The raw materials sector, which should provide macroeconomic stability and financial base growth.
- The manufacturing industry, which ensures the quality of growth.
- Innovative sectors or sectors of the economy of the future, which will ensure the country's competitiveness in the future.
- Employment and improving skills
The objective of the Kazakh government’s programme is not only to achieve sustainable development and a greener economy,
improving industrial and innovative activities in all sectors of economy from energy and mineral resources up
to environment and tourism, but also to strengthen EU-Kazakhstan co-operation.
The experience of most advanced countries of the EU in this field is of vital importance for Kazakhstan. To this end,
the Kazakh government would like to focus the attention of all participants of the workshop on an exchange of experience
and ideas with the European Community and to discuss joint activities and possible investments into the Kazakh economy.
It is well known that Kazakhstan is a country with a favorable investment climate, sustainable political and economic
development, and is open to international cooperation. The key objective of the conference is to facilitate these activities.
Participants from Kazakhstan
Keynote speaker of the event will be Mr. Asset Issekeshev, Minister for Investment and Development. The workshop will
be moderated by Vice Minister for Investment and Development, Mr. Yerlan Sagadiyev. Representatives from different
ministries of Kazakhstan, including Ministry of Energy, Ministry of Education and Science, Ministry of Health, Embassy
of Kazakhstan in the UK as well as National Management Holding Baiterek, National Agency for Technology Development,
National Agency KAZNEXINVEST, National Park of Innovation Technologies, and the rectors of five key universities
of Kazakhstan will attend the workshop.
Participants from the EU
Representatives of the European Commission, representatives of the innovation and investment communities of the EU,
and the UK in particular (UK Research, BIS, Science Parks), European Bank of Reconstruction and Development,
Norton Rose Fulbright, partners of the IncoNet-CA project from the EU(Greece, Poland, Austria, Germany, France)
- Семинар и тренинг по H2020 15-18 сентября 2014 года в Алматы
- Семинар по H2020 в Астане 21 мая и IX Инновационный Конгресс 22 мая
- Семинары по Горизонт 2020 в Алматы 27 января и в Астане 29 января
- Программа Европейского Союза "Горизонт-2020"
- Семинар «Правила ЕС по финансовому аудиту проектов Седьмой Рамочной Программы»
- Первая выставка-ярмарка Европейских технологий в Казахстане
- Объявлен последний конкурс 7 Рамочной программы ЕС
- Гранты Европейского Союза на научные исследования.